We hope you are keeping well, safe and in good spirits. Once again we wanted to update you and let you know we have been working very hard ‘backstage’ to ensure we create the safest space for all of our guests upon our return. We obviously don’t know the governments guidelines for the future but we have created some of our own that we feel will add to a more comfortable and reassuring visit to us.
We are in constant contact with the National Hairdressers Federation and the Good Salon Guide following their guidance, as well as watching the governments daily announcements. We can only open when the government say we can, so please do not listen to false newspaper articles regarding how many weeks its going to take, or how many months – it is not true news! Stick with LIVE news on the tv.
If the government say we can open the business on a particular Tuesday then the salon will open to the public on the Wednesday. The team want to get together and add some warmth and laughter into the salon before the doors open, stock and equipment needs to be brought back in and put into place and lets be honest we all need our own hair cutting too!
As much as we would love to offer a colour delivery service with your formulas mixed and dropped off, we will not do this for 2 reasons;
- Salon hair colour is for professional use only as stated on the manufacturers instructions and any insurance cover would be void, it is very dangerous. A bit like the dentist dropping the drill at the front door so I can fix a wobbly tooth, it is not professional.
- Our computer software that holds clients personal details including phone numbers and colour notes has been de-activated for security and data protection reasons until further notice. Please please pleeeeeeeease try and refrain from using supermarket box colours!!! Its very easy for me to say having short hair, but I need you to know what problems this could create for us and you. What if the box colour goes wrong? Who is going to fix it since we are in lockdown? If you do colour it and it goes darker/lighter/warmer/green and your stylist needs to rectify it, that means more time (that might not be allocated), more products being used which ultimately means a BIGGER bill at the end of the service. As hard as it is, just think of it this way – we are not going anywhere really special, no one is judging you. Hold off, you have managed this far!
As you are aware the salon is a great size and we are 100% confident that we can create a safe working environment, just like we did before we went into lockdown.
Ahead of the government announcing their social distancing guidelines, we have put together our own to protect you and us going forward;
- Limiting the number of people visiting the salon at any one time. By this we mean we will ask you not to bring friends or family with you for your hair appointment. “Waiting for my girlfriend/boyfriend” is not an option unless they are booked in for a service within the salon (Child hair appointments are an exception, as are those in need of care and assistance). Please let us know if this doesn’t work for you and we can move your appointment to the last one of the day where we can accommodate a companion. We don’t want you to panic or be upset by this but to understand we are protecting you
- We plan to use all of the salon floor space and limit the amount of clients a stylist sees at any one time, for example if a colour client is booked in we wont be squeezing in other big jobs around that colour client
- We have ordered more client gowns and every client will have their own fresh gown on each visit, as well as fresh towels as always (washed and dried each night)
- We are allocating a little extra time to hair appointments to allow us to sanitise our work station and tools completely before the next guest sits down. This will give the stylists a few minutes to re charge, because how can we give 100% if we are not giving ourselves 100%
- You are welcome to bring magazines with you but we feel salon magazines are now classed as unhygienic and therefore will not be offered out to read. Please feel free to bring your own reading material to help you relax and switch off (after in depth research it is absolutely impossible to clean each page after every client)
- With appointments being spread out we may look at opening an extra day to make sure we can fit in all of our guests. Like you, we all have homes to go to and working too many late evenings, feeling tired or stressed is not an option, its time for new beginnings
Finally, you know how much we love to share stunning photos of our hair creations. Well, we have created a new area in the salon – the photo wall! We wanted to give the makeup artist and her business complete privacy in her working space and felt this was an important thing to do.
Pets love having their families at home
Traffic is gone
Fast food replaced by home cooked meals
Hectic work loads replaced by naps and rests
The air seems clearer
The world is quieter
People are conscious about hygiene and health
Money doesn’t seem to make the world go round as much
Doctors and nurses are being praised and recognised instead of celebrities
And we now have time to STOP and smell the roses…
Was this someone’s way of telling us to slow down and focus on what is important?
Take care, keep safe,
JA Hair Team x